Thank you, thank you, thank you to Monica at Monkey Musings for honoring me with the Honest Scrap Award! I am especially grateful for being recognized by a blogger who is inspirational, fun, and, well, honest!
In order to accept this award, I must do the following:
- Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award (done, and done gladly!).
- Share "ten honest things" about myself (Ooooo, could be good!).
- Present this award to seven other bloggers whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
- Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving it.
- I love Sheridan more than I ever thought was possible. I guess no parent can explain it. But I would be happy if all I did all day, every day, was kiss that boy. And he would be so annoyed with me.
- I love photography (okay, likely not a surprise given all the pics on my blog). I was a photography major when I first started college. I'll admit that there are times when I really wish I could pursue both an education and career in photography.
- Old School Lisa: I've had my hair dyed nearly every color of the rainbow - and often shaved large portions of my head (like the sides and back/underneath - totally new wave, ya know). Also, I have 13 piercings in my right ear - most of them I did myself with a safety pin and no ice/numbing (back in high school). I only have 2 piercings in my left ear. Not sure why.
- On some days I just burst into tears missing my brother Michael. It always takes me by surprise, but the pain is still as real now as it was when he died in 1998. I miss him terribly and truly wish that he could have known Sheridan.
- As of late, two of my major food groups are: almond croissants and blueberry coffeecake. Yikes... putting that in writing hurts. Maybe I'll actually do something to change that now that I went public!
- I think I might actually hate country music. I have not heard a single song, ever, that I could tolerate, let alone like.
- I over-analyze children's songs. I try to understand their logic. And when I find inconsistencies, or phrases that are not specific/clear enough in their meaning, or when the logic is downright wrong, it irks me. But I suck it up and sing them anyway.
- I was a complete slacker in high school (grades were ok when I cared enough to try - especially in math and art, and English depending on the teacher) - cared more about socializing and fun than school. I have no idea how that translated into my graduation with a doctorate 10 years later. Go figure. Me, a doctor. I think my parents are still trying to figure that one out, too.
- My biggest fear, and I do mean my BIGGEST fear, is what will happen with Sheridan after Gary and I are gone. Sometimes I think it's silly to worry about something so far into the future, but every now and then I see examples of what I would not want for him. Or the reality of it just hits me out of nowhere. And I can't breathe - the fear is that real to me.
- I never really understood the big deal about blogging... I used to wonder why on earth anyone would spend their time on it. Hmmmm... I guess I have my answer. I totally get it now :)
- I secretly wish I could be a rock star... I love singing. Anything (except country - see #6 above). 80s synth pop, classic rock, broadway, hip hop, r&b, etc. But, alas, I will have to make due with my only fans: the people in the car who pull up next to me at a stop light and laugh as I sing and dance my heart out.